VT State Cheese Board Championships 2019
Enter the 2019 Vermont State Cheese Board Championship!
Brought to you by the Vermont Wood Works Council in cooperation with the Vermont Cheese Council, Shelburne Farms and The Tree House Hardwoods & Millshop, with the generous support from Sutherland Welles, Winterwood Timber Frames, Cabot Creamery, & Lenny's Shoe & Apparel.
Think you can make a sweet wooden cheese board? Let’s see if yours is the sweetest in the entire state of Vermont!
Entries may be judged in multiple categories. All entries to be initially judged by select panel of judges and the top 20 entries' final judging will be done by attendees, Vermont’s finest cheese, produce, and meat producers, at the annual Vermont Cheesemakers Dinner on August 10th at the Inn at Round Barn Farm the evening before the Vermont Cheese Festival. Winners and finalists to be displayed at Vermont Cheese Festival at the Vermont Wood Works Council display. All entries must be picked up at The Tree House by 8/31/19. Unclaimed entries will be considered a donation to The VT Wood Works Council after that date.
HOW TO ENTER:
Entry fee is $20, which includes 4-5 board feet of Hard Maple harvested from Shelburne Farms (kiln dried, rough cut). The first 50 registrants will also receive a container of Sutherland Welles Bowl & Board wax and a free block of cheese from Cabot Creamery (for inspiration!). Pick up your entry packet at The Tree House Hardwoods & Millshop with locations in South Burlington and Barre starting 1/26/19. Entries limited to 100. Entrants must live or work in Vermont. One entry per person.
Entries must be submitted to The Tree House Hardwoods & Millshop by 6/30/2019 with payment. Entries to be judged on overall appeal, uniqueness of design and quality of craftsmanship. Panel of Judges will be announced soon!
GRAND PRIZE-2019 Vermont Cheese Board Champion
“The Cheesiest” sponsored by Cabot Creamery
“Most Vermonty” sponsored by Lenny's Show & Apparel
“Essence of Shelburne Farms” sponsored by Shelburne Farms
“Technical Wiz” sponsored by Russell Supply
• 2019 VERMONT CHEESE BOARD CHAMPION to receive:
o Custom plaque/cutting board display
o $100 gift certificate to The Tree House Hardwoods & Millshop
o $60 gift certificate for Sutherland Welles finishing products
o 1 VIP pass to the 2020 Vermont Cheese Festival ($100 value)
• The CHEESIEST winner to receive a year’s supply of Cabot Cheese!!
• MOST VERMONTY winner to receive $100 gift card to Lenny's Shoe & Apparel!!
• ESSENCE OF THE FARM winner to receive $100 gift certificate to The Inn at Shelburne Farms!!
• TECH WIZ winner to receive $100 gift certificate to Russell Supply, So. Burlington, VT!!
Your cheese board must (by entering you are agreeing to the following):
• Be made with at least a portion of supplied Shelburne Farms Maple, up to you to include more/different
• Not to exceed 2 square feet of surface area (about 14” X 20”)
• Be suitable to cut and serve at least an 8 oz block of cheese on AND MADE IN VERMONT
• Submitted to The Tree House Millshop by 6/30/2019 with $20 payment.
For questions, please contact the Council office or Lucas Jenson at Tree House Hardwoods. Follow us on Instagram with #vtcheeseboardchamp