VT State Cheese Board Championships 2019
2019 Vermont State Cheese Board Championship!
The Vermont Wood Works Council is very excited to announce our top WINNERS!!
GRAND PRIZE-2019 Vermont Cheese Board Champions- Tied between Paul Christiansen, Clearlake Furniture, & Mark Dabelstein of Dabelstein Woodworks (Overall First place). Shown above.
“The Cheesiest” sponsored by Cabot Creamery-Winner is Dave Ferry
“Most Vermonty” sponsored by Lenny's Show & Apparel. Winner is Randy Crossman, Vermont Woodshop (Overall 3rd place)
“Essence of Shelburne Farms” sponsored by Shelburne Farms. Winner is Steve Hadeka, Pleasant Ranch.
Top 20 Finalists were:
Adam Claussen, Anne Sekelsky, Brent Karner, Dave Ferry, David Gonyon, David Lewis, Ed Roberts, Erin Ennis, Mark Dabelstein, Matt Williams, Mike Rainville, Paul Christiansen, Peter Crane, Phil Biondo, Phil Mayer, Randy Crossman, Randy Pratico, Steve Hadeka, Travis Johnson, & Will Boyea.
Congratulations to our winners!! Thank you to all that entered, our judges and sponsors, and all others who supported this competition!
Brought to you by the Vermont Wood Works Council in cooperation with the Vermont Cheese Council, Shelburne Farms and The Tree House Hardwoods & Millshop, with the generous support from Sutherland Welles, Winterwood Timber Frames, Cabot Creamery, & Lenny's Shoe & Apparel.
All entries must be picked up at The Tree House by 8/31/19. Unclaimed entries will be considered a donation to The VT Wood Works Council after that date.
• 2019 VERMONT CHEESE BOARD CHAMPION to receive:
o Custom plaque/cutting board display
o $100 gift certificate to The Tree House Hardwoods & Millshop
o $60 gift certificate for Sutherland Welles finishing products
o 1 VIP pass to the 2020 Vermont Cheese Festival ($100 value)
• The CHEESIEST winner to receive a year’s supply of Cabot Cheese!!
• MOST VERMONTY winner to receive $100 gift card to Lenny's Shoe & Apparel!!
• ESSENCE OF THE FARM winner to receive $100 gift certificate to The Inn at Shelburne Farms!!
• TECH WIZ winner to receive $100 gift certificate to Russell Supply, So. Burlington, VT!!
Your cheese board must (by entering you are agreeing to the following):
• Be made with at least a portion of supplied Shelburne Farms Maple, up to you to include more/different
• Not to exceed 2 square feet of surface area (about 14” X 20”)
• Be suitable to cut and serve at least an 8 oz block of cheese on AND MADE IN VERMONT
• Submitted to The Tree House Millshop by 6/30/2019 with $20 payment.
For questions, please contact the Council office or Lucas Jenson at Tree House Hardwoods. Follow us on Instagram with #vtcheeseboardchamp